DCSRN Database Manager Erika Harrell Awarded
As part of the celebration of twenty years of charter schools in DC, DCSRN’s database manager Erika Harrell was awarded the Parent Leadership Award by the Public Charter School Board for her amazing work in the charter community.
A parent of children who attend some of the highest quality DC charter schools, Erika also serves on the Parent & Alumni Leadership Council of the PCSB and the Parent Advisory Council for My School DC. She is also an active member of the organization Parents Amplifying Voices in Education (PAVE).
Join DCSRN at EdFest 2016!
EdFEST, DC's only citywide public school fair, rings in the public school choice application season in DC! EdFEST is scheduled for Saturday, December 10, 2016 from 11:00am to 3:00pm at the DC Armory. Come to EdFEST and explore the city’s many public school options (PK3-12) for your child.
Representatives from DC Public Schools and DC public charter schools will showcase their programs. EdFEST will also feature many free services and fun activities for the whole family and DCSRN will be there too!
Learn more about the event here! Hope to see you there!
DC Common Application Opens December 12th
There’s still time to refer families that could benefit from DCSRN’s support and services! Facilitated by My School DC, the common application becomes available for all grades on Monday, December 12th. Through the portal, students can rank and apply to up to 12 schools across the District.
Back to the top
In Case You Missed It: Must Reads
- November 1—How a happy school can help students succeed.
- November 6—Why voting hasn’t been a way to improve our nation’s schools.
- November 9—Mass. charters, Ga. school takeovers: Voters decide four education ballot questions.
- November 10— What a Trump presidency means for America’s public schools.
- November 1—D.C.’s Board of Education candidates want to close disparities between schools.
- November 3—Report: Closing achievement gaps should be priority for D.C. schools chancellor.
- November 13— Through art, drama and science, D.C. schools aim to help black and Latino boys.
- November 20—D.C.’s public charter school system turned 20 this year. Now what?
- November 22—Bowser picks head of Oakland schools to take reins of D.C. Public Schools.
- November 24—Record number of D.C. charters earn high ratings under rigorous system.